I think about what this man has accomplished in his first thirty years of life and it takes my breath away. His hard work and dedication are paying off more and more each day and it is evident in all he does. He has earned two degrees, been a leader amongst his peers, was President of Christian Veterinary Fellowship, President of the Veterinary Business Management Association, a class Senator, led and served on several missions trips, is a Sigma Chi alum, was in multiple other clubs and organizations, had more job offers than anyone else in his vet school class, bought a house, bought his own practice, still drives the same truck he got almost 10 years ago because it's paid off and still runs, and the list goes on.
The best part about witnessing it all is his humility.
He is humble and knows that nothing we have is ours, it is God's.
He knows that no matter what he accomplishes in life, he should always treat other's the same regardless of their background.
I see it every single day in our practice. He gives everyone the same care and attention regardless of who they are.
He has really made the most of his 20s.
Did he make mistakes and does he have regrets? Absolutely.
But, he knows that God never let go of him for a reason and he does not take that for granted.
I am excited to see what else God has in store for him during his 30s.
14. He loves cats. He loves all animals.
15. His cursive handwriting is better than his print.
16. His dream truck is an F-250 diesel.
17. He loves fishing and hunting, but deep sea fishing is his favorite, and mine, too.
18. He loves all seafood and Cajun is his favorite, just like me.
19. His teeth are perfectly straight and he's never had braces.
20. He is obsessed with boats.
22. He listens to the radio while he performs surgery.
23. He talks really loud, drives fast, and fears nothing.
24. He is still taller than me with heels on. This makes me happy.
25. He never says anything bad about anyone.
26. He studied tree frogs of the Lowcountry and had a paper published on them in undergrad.
27. He lets me decorate the house however I want and always loves the outcome.
28. He loves me unconditionally.
29. He provides for us so that I don't have to work "another" job if I don't want to.
30. He is a dreamer and we love to dream about our future together.
( I know I said 30, but I have a few more I thought of :)
31. He is passionate about farming and agriculture.
32. He is not a city kind of guy. Rural living is his preference.
33. He loves cows. A lot.
34. He loves Southern and Classic Rock, Country, and Blues. He has zero tolerance for vulgar Rap music.
35. He never took a single note in accounting, just naps, and aced every single test.
That was the only class we took together I and swore it would be the last.
36. We have the same nickname for each other: Squeeze. We call each other Squeeze.
37. We can never decide where we want to retire. Good thing we have some time.
38. If you think something is indestructible, give it to Brandon...I assure you can destroy it.
He had an Otterbox Defender destroyed in less than 3 months. He is now working on a Lifeproof case.
39. He goes through shoes faster than anyone I know and wears holes into all of his jeans and pants within months.
Brandon is my dream come true and I can't believe God chose him for me 8.5 years ago when we first met. Time is fleeting, but the memories we have made are irreplaceable.
I love him with all of my heart and soul.
Happy Birthday, Brandon!